South East Level 2 Sports Trainers Course
05/05/2019 08:30 to 16/06/2019 17:00
Day 1 Naracoorte, Day 2 Mt Gambier
Level 2 Sports Trainers Course
The Level 2 Sports Trainers Course is delivered over two days and is designed to build upon the skills learnt in the Level 1 Sports Trainers course. This course allows trainers to develop their practical skills and knowledge of injury assessment and management.
The course delivers units including:
· Spinal Management
· Advanced Taping
· Advanced Anatomy
· Advanced Sport Wound Management
· Asthma Management
· Working with Diverse Populations (Children, Mature Age and Athletes with Disabilities)
· Basic Principles of Sports Psychology of Injured Athletes.
Date: Sunday May 5 & Sunday June 16
Sunday May 5 8:30am - 5:00pm (Naracoorte, venue TBC)
Sunday June 16 8:30am - 5:00pm (Mt Gambier, venue TBC)
Venue: Naracoorte & Mt Gambier
To complete a Level 2 Sports Trainers Accreditation Trainers must:
· Must attend each day of the course
· Have completed 12 months or 50 hours working as an Accredited Level 1 Sports Trainer (to be completed by the first day of the course)
· Be a current Accredited Level 1 Sports Trainer with SASMA or SMA
· Have a current Applied First Aid & CPR Certificate (with a minimum of 3 months validity)
· Have a current Asthma First Aid Certificate* (to be completed by the first day of the course)
· Play By the Rules Online Training Certificate** (to be completed by the first day of the course)
Recognition of prior learning (RPL) can be applied for the following components:
- Spinal Management
- Advanced Taping
- Introduction to Sports Massage
Applications for RPL close Friday March 15. Please contact the SASMA office on 8234 6369 to apply.
* To gain an Asthma First Aid certificate please visit - https://asthmaonline.org.au/product/asthma-first-aid-for-sports-clubs/ (the $36.00 has been deducted from the course fee as we are unable to get a Asthma First Aid presenter to the South East)
**To gain your Play by The Rules certificate visit http://www.playbytherules.net.au/interactive-scenarios/free-online-training and complete 'Child Protection' & 'Harassment and Discrimination" Training packages.
AUTHORITY TO USE IMAGES
I authorise SA Sports Medicine Association (SASMA) to use any film footage, photographic images or sound recording produced in any format taken or recorded of me by SASMA for the purposes of promotion on the SASMA website (www.sasma.com.au), SASMA Facebook and/or Twitter pages and other promotional material for future courses and/or conferences.