Port Augusta Concussion Forum & Sideline Help
15/11/2020 13:00 to 15/11/2020 16:30
Community Forum: Concussion in Sport, 13:00 - 14:30
Concussion affects the way the brain functions. Different people can be affected in different ways. This free community concussion forum has been designed by leading Medical Personnel to provide all those involved in Sport, from coaches, players, parents, officials, team managers and committee members with up to date information on concussion.
The forum will be presented by an experienced Sports Doctor/Sports Physician who is seeing and managing sporting concussions regularly and will cover:
- Concussion: Recognising and Game Day Management?
- The long term consequences of mismanagement
- When can a player return to school, work, training and playing?
- Implementing a policy: Is your Club Concussion Policy up to date?
- Risk Management: The responsibilities of the club, coach, first aid team and player when it comes to concussion
Sideline Help, 15:00 - 16:30
The Sideline Help Course is an introduction to sports injury prevention and management. This course takes a first aid course and makes it sport specific.
Topics covered include:
- Injury Prevention
- On Field Assessment of the Injured Athlete
- Injury Management including Concussion
- Management of Medical Conditions
- Wound Management and the blood rule
You can choose to attend just the Concussion Forum, the Sideline Help or both workshops. Please select the appropriate option from the registration options.
Please note that numbers attending this forum are restricted to comply with physical distancing regulations. We would ask that if you wish to attend you register below or email the names of the attendees to firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is proudly supported by the Office for Recreation, Sport and Racing and the Port Augusta City Council.