Metro Level 2 Sports Trainers Course
23/06/2019 08:45 to 28/07/2019 17:00
North Adelaide Football Club
Level 2 Sports Trainers Course
The Level 2 Sports Trainers Course is delivered over two days and is designed to build upon the skills learnt in the Level 1 Sports Trainers course. This course allows trainers to develop their practical skills and knowledge of injury assessment and management.
The course delivers units including:
- Spinal Management
- Advanced Taping
- Advanced Anatomy
- Advanced Sport Wound Management
- Asthma Management
- Working with Diverse Populations (Children, Mature Age and Athletes with Disabilities)
- Basic Principles of Sports Psychology of Injured Athletes.
Date: Sunday 23rd June and Sunday 28th July
Time: 8:45am - 5:00pm on both days
Venue: North Adelaide Football Club, Prospect
To complete a Level 2 Sports Trainers Accreditation Trainers must:
- Must attend each day of the course
- Have completed 12 months or 50 hours working as an Accredited Level 1 Sports Trainer (to be completed by the first day of the course)
- Be a current Accredited Level 1 Sports Trainer with SASMA or SMA
- Have a current Applied First Aid & CPR Certificate (with a minimum of 3 months validity)
- Play By the Rules Online Training Certificate** (to be completed by the first day of the course)
**To gain your Play by The Rules certificate visit http://www.playbytherules.net.au/interactive-scenarios/free-online-training and complete 'Child Protection' & 'Harassment and Discrimination" Training packages.
AUTHORITY TO USE IMAGES
I authorise SA Sports Medicine Association (SASMA) to use any film footage, photographic images or sound recording produced in any format taken or recorded of me by SASMA for the purposes of promotion on the SASMA website (www.sasma.com.au), SASMA Facebook and/or Twitter pages and other promotional material for future courses and/or conferences.