Level 1 Sports Trainers Course
12/08/2020 17:30 to 12/08/2020 21:00
Online via Webcast
To achieve the Level 1 Sports Trainers Accreditation participants will need to complete 3 components:
- Online pre-course to be completed prior to webinar;
- Attend live theory webinar (done on August 12th)
- Complete practical assessment in person or via Zoom
You must complete all 3 components to become an Accredited Sports Trainer plus provide evidence of current Provide First Aid (HLTAID003) & CPR certificates.
Level 1 Theory Component Date and Times:
Wednesday August 12 at 5:30pm -9:00pm (select Webinar option at first step of Registration)
Practical Component Date and Times:
Practical assessment sessions will be held in the following locations (after selecting webinar option you will be asked to select the location of where you will attend the practical assessment in the second step of your Registration):
· Kidman Park Sunday August 16 9am-11:30am
· Eyre Peninsula (Date and time TBC)
· Fleurieu Peninsula (Date and time TBC)
· Mid North (Date and time TBC)
· Riverland (Date and time TBC)
· South East (Date and time TBC)
· Yorke Peninsula (Date and time TBC)
Dates and times will be arranged for regional locations and these will be updated as they come to hand.
Cost: $240 per person (including GST)
Each registrant must have their own unique email address
Registrations for this course will close 12pm Tuesday August 11 2020
Level 1 Sports Trainers Courses
The Level 1 Sports Trainer assists athletes in the prevention of injuries and provides initial sports injury management. Level 1 Sports Trainers work at sporting clubs, school sports days, national and international events.
You will cover the following topics:
· Introduction to being a Sports Trainer
· Functional Anatomy and Injury Management
· Injury Prevention
· Medical Conditions
· Trunk Injuries
· Head and Spinal Injuries
· Wound Management for Sport
· Moving the Injured Athlete
· Ankle, Thumb and Finger Taping
· Upper Limb and Lower Limb Injuries
Benefits of attending a SA Sports Medicine Association Sports Trainer Course
Benefits of attending the SA Sports Medicine Association (SASMA) Level 1 Sports Trainers course are:
·Delivered to competency based outcomes
·Delivered by experienced qualified Workplace Trainers & Assessors who are also experienced Level 2 Sports Trainers
·Sports medicine professionals (Doctors and Physiotherapists) present key components of the course
·Child Safe environments are addressed
· A current Provide First Aid (HLTAID003) & CPR certificate is required to receive Accreditation. This can be completed prior to or after the course however accreditation will not be granted until evidence of current certificates has been received.
On successful completion of a SASMA Sports Trainers course?
· A National Accreditation lasts for 3 years and is issued on successful completion of the course. On Successful completion of the SASMA Sports Trainers courses candidates will be eligible to apply for Sports Trainer Membership and insurance through Sports Medicine Australia.
· AUTHORITY TO USE IMAGES
· I authorise SA Sports Medicine Association (SASMA) to use any film footage, photographic images or sound recording produced in any format taken or recorded of me by SASMA for the purposes of promotion on the SASMA website (www.sasma.com.au), SASMA Facebook and/or Twitter pages and other promotional material for future courses and/or conferences.