Eyre Peninsula Level 2 Sports Trainers Course
30/05/2021 09:00 to 20/06/2021 15:45
Port Lincoln / Lock
Level 2 Sports Trainers Course
The Level 2 Sports Trainers Course is delivered over two days and is designed to build upon the skills learnt in the Level 1 Sports Trainers course. This course allows trainers to develop their practical skills and knowledge of injury assessment and management.
The course delivers units including:
- Spinal Management
- Advanced Taping
- Advanced Anatomy and Palpating Skills
- Advanced Sport Wound Management
- Asthma Management
- Working with Diverse Populations (Children, Mature Age and Athletes with Disabilities)
- Basic Principles of Sports Psychology of Injured Athletes.
Date: Sunday 30th May and Sunday 20th June, 2021
Time: 9am-4pm (30th May), 9am-3:45pm (20th June)
Venue: 30th May - Port Lincoln (venue tbc), 20th June - Lock (Lock Football Club)
To complete a Level 2 Sports Trainers Accreditation Trainers must:
- Must attend each day of the course
- Have completed 12 months or 50 hours working as an Accredited Level 1 Sports Trainer (to be completed by the first day of the course)
- Be a current Accredited Level 1 Sports Trainer with SASMA or SMA
- Have a current Applied First Aid & CPR Certificate (with a minimum of 3 months validity)
- Current Asthma First Aid for Sport Certificate (Asthma Australia) - https://asthmaonline.org.au/product/asthma-first-aid-for-sports-clubs/
- Play By the Rules Online Training Certificate** (to be completed by the first day of the course)
**To gain your Play by The Rules certificate visit http://www.playbytherules.net.au/interactive-scenarios/free-online-training and complete 'Child Protection' & 'Harassment and Discrimination" Training packages.
The ability to run this course is based on current recommendations from SA Health. Should these recommendations change, then SASMA has the right to make changes to course structure, timings, venue and dates.