Level 1 Sports Trainers Course
18/05/2021 17:30 to 18/05/2021 21:00
Online via Webcast
To achieve the Level 1 Sports Trainers Accreditation participants will need to complete 3 components:
- Online Emergency Responder Course to be completed prior to webinar;
- Attend live theory webinar (done on May 18)
- Complete practical assessment session in person
You must complete all 3 components to become an Accredited Sports Trainer plus provide evidence of current Provide First Aid (HLTAID003 - valid for 3 years) & CPR (HLTAID001 - valid for 12 months) certificates.
Level 1 Theory Component Date and Times:
Tuesday May 18th at 5:30pm -9:00pm (select Webinar option at first step of Registration)
Practical Component Date and Times:
(after selecting webinar option you will be asked to select the location of where you will attend the practical assessment):
Practical Assessment Date for Metropolitan Adelaide (27 Valetta Road Kidman Park, 5025):
May 23rd 2021: 9am-12pm.
Regional Practical Assessment dates:
Location to be based on the region of those who register for the webinar. Regional attendees will be contacted shortly to confirm the location of their practical assessment.
Date & Time TBC
Cost: $240 per person (including GST)
Each registrant must have their own unique email address
Registrations for this course will close 5pm Monday 17th May 2021
Level 1 Sports Trainers Courses
The Level 1 Sports Trainer assists athletes in the prevention of injuries and provides initial sports injury management. Level 1 Sports Trainers work at sporting clubs, school sports days, national and international events.
You will cover the following topics:
· Introduction to being a Sports Trainer
· Functional Anatomy and Injury Management
· Injury Prevention
· Medical Conditions
· Trunk Injuries
· Head and Spinal Injuries
· Wound Management for Sport
· Moving the Injured Athlete
· Ankle, Thumb and Finger Taping
· Upper Limb and Lower Limb Injuries
· A current Provide First Aid (HLTAID003) & CPR certificate is required to receive Accreditation. This can be completed prior to or after the course however accreditation will not be granted until evidence of current certificates has been received.
On successful completion of a SASMA Sports Trainers course?
· A National Accreditation lasts for 3 years and is issued on successful completion of the course. On Successful completion of the SASMA Sports Trainers courses candidates will be eligible to apply for Sports Trainer Membership and insurance through Sports Medicine Australia.
· AUTHORITY TO USE IMAGES
· I authorise SA Sports Medicine Association (SASMA) to use any film footage, photographic images or sound recording produced in any format taken or recorded of me by SASMA for the purposes of promotion on the SASMA website (www.sasma.com.au), SASMA Facebook and/or Twitter pages and other promotional material for future courses and/or conferences.