Level 2 Sports Trainers Course MAY
07/05/2022 09:00 to 08/05/2022 15:00
Level 2 Sports Trainers Course
The Level 2 Sports Trainers Course is delivered over two days and is designed to build upon the skills learnt in the Level 1 Sports Trainers course. This course allows trainers to develop their practical skills and knowledge of injury assessment and management.
The course delivers units including:
- Spinal Management
- Advanced Taping
- Advanced Anatomy and Palpating Skills
- Advanced Sport Wound Management
Date: Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th March, 2022
Time: 9:00am - 3:00pm on both days
Venue: SA Sports Medicine Association, Kidman Park
To complete a Level 2 Sports Trainers Accreditation Trainers must:
- Must attend each day of the course
- Have completed 12 months or 50 hours working as an Accredited Level 1 Sports Trainer (to be completed by the first day of the course)
- Be a current Accredited Level 1 Sports Trainer with SASMA or SMA
- Have a current Applied First Aid & CPR Certificate (with a minimum of 3 months validity)
- Current Asthma First Aid for Sport Certificate (Asthma Australia) - https://asthmaonline.org.au/product/asthma-first-aid-for-sports-clubs/
- Play By the Rules Online Training Certificate** (to be completed by the first day of the course)
**To gain your Play by The Rules certificate visit http://www.playbytherules.net.au/interactive-scenarios/free-online-training and complete 'Child Protection' & 'Harassment and Discrimination" Training packages.
The ability to run this course is based on current recommendations from SA Health. Should these recommendations change, then SASMA has the right to make changes to course structure, timings, venue and dates.