AIF Level 2 Sports Trainers Course
29/11/2019 09:00 to 30/11/2019 17:00
Australian Institute of Fitness
Australian Institute of Fitness Level 2 Sports Trainers Course - Diploma of Remedial Massage students and recent graduates ONLY
The Level 2 Sports Trainers course has been developed in conjunction with the Australian Institute of Fitness for recent graduates or current students of their Remedial Massage diploma. This course allows trainers to develop their practical skills and knowledge of injury assessment and management.
The course delivers units including:
- Role of a Sports Trainer
- Spinal Management
- Advanced Taping
- Advanced Sport Wound Management
- Principles of Injury Management
- Nutrition & Drugs in Sport
Date: Friday November 29 and Saturday November 30
Time: 8:45am - 5:00pm on both days
Venue: Australian Institute of Fitness - 2 North Terrace, Adelaide
To complete a Level 2 Sports Trainers Accreditation Trainers must:
- Must attend each day of the course
- Have completed or are currently undertaking the Australian Institute of Fitness Diploma of Remedial Massage
- Have a current Applied First Aid & CPR Certificate (with a minimum of 3 months validity)
- Play By the Rules Online Training Certificate** (to be completed by the first day of the course)
- Asthma First Aid for Sport Certificate (online course through Asthma Australia: https://asthmaonline.org.au/product/asthma-first-aid-for-sports-clubs/)
**To gain your Play by The Rules certificate visit http://www.playbytherules.net.au/interactive-scenarios/free-online-training and complete 'Child Protection' & 'Harassment and Discrimination" Training packages.
AUTHORITY TO USE IMAGES
I authorise SA Sports Medicine Association (SASMA) to use any film footage, photographic images or sound recording produced in any format taken or recorded of me by SASMA for the purposes of promotion on the SASMA website (www.sasma.com.au), SASMA Facebook and/or Twitter pages and other promotional material for future courses and/or conferences.